Saturday, January 17, 2009

Goodbye Friend...

So...

I'm a HUGE fan of the Stargate Universe.

I had seen the movie years ago and enjoyed it and had watched episodes of SG-1 on late night television here and there when it first went into syndication, and liked them. But it wasn't until late 2004 that I actually became a fan.

I love science fiction, and had just started Netflix, so I wanted to watch some television series I had never seen before. I decided to get Stargate: SG-1 from the beginning. By this time the series was running on the Sci-Fi channel and was in its 8th season, and season 1 of Stargate Atlantis had already begun. Dad and I watched the beginning of SG-1 together, and then I moved to Albuquerque. Canada and i continued watching the series together. We made it to the end of season 7 just before season 9 started. We ended up spending a day watching an SG-1 marathon to catch up on the series.

While watching season 8 we were introduced to season 1 of Atlantis. At first i wasn't so keen on watching this series. I was in total love with the characters on SG-1, Especially General Jack O'Neill.

By the time season 8 was over Jack was gone and I was hooked with SGA (or Stargate: Atlantis).

My family thinks that I am totally obsessed, and I probably am. But I really enjoy this show. It makes me laugh, and cry, and nearly every episode I'm on the edge of my seat, or biting my nails. By the end of it I can't wait for the next week's episode to get here. Friday nights became a great night for me, especially while SG-1 was still running, I had 2 great shows to watch.

This season was the final season of Stargate: Atlantis. Tonight while watching the final episode of Atlantis (which actually aired on the 9th, i think) i was biting my nails. Seriously... My nerves were a wreck and i was near tears the entire time knowing that this was the final episode of my favorite team. I seriously don't think I was this bad watching the final episode of The West Wing, and that is one of my all time favorite shows. It also wasn't so hard watching the final episode of SG-1 cause, O'Neill had left years ago, and I KNEW the release dates for the 2 movies that were being released. Atlantis, I know there is a movie, but when?

Now I'm not going to say anything about the episode in case there are others out there that haven't seen it yet. I don't want to spoil those who are fans. That is just a big no no. But I will say that it was a wonderful episode. Everything that an SGA episode is supposed to be. Laughing, edge of my seat, nail biting, crying, even a little romance thrown in. Very well done.

So i say goodbye now to my Friday night friend. We had some good times, and some not so good times. I can't wait to see you again. And maybe the new series, Stargate: Universe, will be just as good.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a big sci-fi fan, but I totally know what it is to find a show and get hooked on it. I pretty much live for biggest loser and the office.

    ReplyDelete