Saturday, May 2, 2009

Saturday Sweets...

This week I had a craving that I couldn't figure out. Mom made a pan of rice crispy treats with Reeses peanut-butter chips. After eating nearly a half of them I decided that wasn't satisfying my craving. Sitting here on the computer today it just came to me. I wanted Haystacks, or at least what I remember what we called haystacks. I told mom what I wanted and after describing them she looked up the recipe.

Turns out they are just Chocolate Peanut-Butter No Bake Cookies. *grins* This made me very happy.

Ingredients:
2 cups sugar
4 tablespoons cocoa
1 stick butter
1/2 cup milk
1 cup peanutbutter
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 cups oatmeal
wax paper or parchment paper

Directions:
In a heavy saucepan bring to a boil the sugar, coca, butter, and milk.

Let boil for 1 min then add peanut-butter and vanilla. mix together until peanut-butter is melted. (I used chunky peanut-butter)




Mix in oatmeal a cup at a time. (After oatmeal is mixed in the batter is still a little runny. I let mine sit for a moment while i cleaned everything up and got the parchment paper set up while i let it cool so it would set right.)






Drop by teaspoon full onto wax/parchment paper until cooled and hardened. (I used a tablespoon so that they were a little bigger so I only eat one at a time instead of 20 at a time. At least it makes sense in my head.)





This made 28 cookies, which for the 3 of us is a perfect amount.

Personally I love oatmeal for breakfast!



p.s. Thank you to my Mom over at Gramees Porch for making all of the new lovely pictures for my different daily blog posts. She knows me best and came up with some stuff that really fit me.

No comments:

Post a Comment