Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy Inauguration Day!

I know that everyone is going to be posting today, or have posted today about it being Inauguration day. But I wanted to get my 2 cents in.

It's not much, but it's enough. 

I woke up a little earlier than normal this morning. The dog just didn't want to stay in bed like I normally do. LOL. Good thing she did cause i would have forgotten all about the Inauguration. I turned it on just in time to see it happen and listen to the President's address.

The address was short, and very well done. There were a lot of different points I liked, but I think my favorite was: 

"...The time has come to reaffirm our enduring spirit; to choose our better history; to carry forward that precious gift, that noble idea, passed on from generation to generation: the God-given promise that all are equal, all are free, and all deserve a chance to pursue their full measure of happiness."

All men are equal, free, and ALL DESERVE A CHANCE TO PURSUE THEIR FULL MEASURE OF HAPPINESS!

I like knowing that someone else out there finally sees that we all deserve a chance. Not just because your a straight white man...

And like I said. That's just my opinion.

Hope you all had a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment