Monday, August 11, 2008


okay... so i was a little clumsy yesterday and pulled a "bella swan". I fell about 1/3 of the way down the stairs.

I was going to the laundry room to make sure that my quilt was washed and put it into the dryer. It was one of the last things i needed to do in my bedroom to have it finished for the realtor to take pictures today.

On my way down i tripped or fell or something. I don't know how it happened, but i missed the bottom 4 stairs. I landed in the doorway of the bathroom, screaming. the first person to me wasn't even a person. it was my dog. she was right there making sure i was okay. dad helped me sit up and I just sat on the floor for a while. I felt sick, dad said it was the adrenalin. eventually i got up, slowly made it up the stairs, and went to my bed. laid there for a while until mom was ready to take me to the hospital.

There was talk of sending for an ambulance, but yeah. so was not going to happen. I could walk on my own and move. i was just in a lot of pain. We got to the ER and had some x-rays taken, and given a pain pill, and then left. Nothing broken, just really bruised and swollen.

I spent most of the day/night just laying in my bed. lilly spent the day right with me. she's not happy that i'm hurt. and every time i moan or cry she's right there trying to make things better.

I was able to sleep last night, only because i drugged myself. I woke up today feeling very sore. I took a pain pill before i even got out of bed.

So here i am, laying on the couch, trying not to move, watching everything that has been building up on my DVR. The more i move the better i'm feeling, but it still hurts to get up and sit down again.

but yeah... that's my story for the day. Hope all is well with you!


  1. Im glad to hear you are ok!! Be careful on the stairs girl!

  2. Oh my gosh! So glad you are okay. I did the exact same thing when I was 8 months pregnant with Abby. I ended up with a badly sprained ankle and a nasty bump on my head from hitting the tile. It was not fun being as big as a house and trying to get around on crutches. Hope you are feeling better soon!