Monday, August 11, 2008

clumsy...

okay... so i was a little clumsy yesterday and pulled a "bella swan". I fell about 1/3 of the way down the stairs.

I was going to the laundry room to make sure that my quilt was washed and put it into the dryer. It was one of the last things i needed to do in my bedroom to have it finished for the realtor to take pictures today.

On my way down i tripped or fell or something. I don't know how it happened, but i missed the bottom 4 stairs. I landed in the doorway of the bathroom, screaming. the first person to me wasn't even a person. it was my dog. she was right there making sure i was okay. dad helped me sit up and I just sat on the floor for a while. I felt sick, dad said it was the adrenalin. eventually i got up, slowly made it up the stairs, and went to my bed. laid there for a while until mom was ready to take me to the hospital.

There was talk of sending for an ambulance, but yeah. so was not going to happen. I could walk on my own and move. i was just in a lot of pain. We got to the ER and had some x-rays taken, and given a pain pill, and then left. Nothing broken, just really bruised and swollen.

I spent most of the day/night just laying in my bed. lilly spent the day right with me. she's not happy that i'm hurt. and every time i moan or cry she's right there trying to make things better.

I was able to sleep last night, only because i drugged myself. I woke up today feeling very sore. I took a pain pill before i even got out of bed.

So here i am, laying on the couch, trying not to move, watching everything that has been building up on my DVR. The more i move the better i'm feeling, but it still hurts to get up and sit down again.

but yeah... that's my story for the day. Hope all is well with you!

2 comments:

  1. Im glad to hear you are ok!! Be careful on the stairs girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! So glad you are okay. I did the exact same thing when I was 8 months pregnant with Abby. I ended up with a badly sprained ankle and a nasty bump on my head from hitting the tile. It was not fun being as big as a house and trying to get around on crutches. Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete