Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I'm Back!

Okie Dokie... I'm back!

Had a few technical difficulties the past few days.

Lyle (my macbook) got sick and wouldn't start. Ended up needing a new hard drive.

Now I have him back, but I have NOTHING on my computer. I was a dork and was in the process of backing up my media file, but didn't get my documents or pictures backed up. So yeah. BIG noob here. I lost ALL my pictures. This includes all pictures that have been taken with my phone, or my camera. oh, and all the cute things the kids have taken on photobooth. I'm really sad about this one. I do have some things that i uploaded to facebook... so I am lucky there.

I'm not really upset about my documents, because there wasn't really anything there that I can't try to find again, however I lost my fanfiction file. This is a file that had over two gig worth of fan fic from many different fandoms that I have collected for the last 6 or 7 years, and I KNOW that many of the stories I had in there are no longer available on the internet. I'm hoping to be able to find some of it in my delicious files... but I'm sure most of it is gone. I'm really depressed about this.

I have lost a few days now for NaBloPoMo, but I'm going to try to pick things back up. Who knows what I'll be blogging about, but I'm sure it will be fun.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh my gosh that is SOOOOO scary. I have a MacBook and this is the second story I've heard in 2 weeks about the hard drives crashing. :S

    Sorry, TOTALLY random comment on your blog, but I just clicked over from I can't even remember where! Ha! Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete