Saturday, November 7, 2009

Caramel Corn

Today's  Saturday Sweet is brought to you by my mother at addition game 2+3+2+4=11

a pinch of this a pinch of that...


I wanted to give you my caramel corn recipe but I didn't feel comfortable giving you my
about a cup of this, half of that..
So I looked on the internet to
find one very much like the one I have been using for years.
And guess what??
Paula Deen had one. But you might guess, It called for more butter than mine!!  I made about 20 cups or more of this on Tuesday and it is gone today. Although I did give some away. So here is The best Caramel corn recipe on the Internet!


Grandma Paul's Caramel Corn

Ingredients

  • 1 cup butter
  • 2 cups packed brown sugsr
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup light corn syrup
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda

Directions

Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
Over medium heat, combine first 4 ingredients and boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in baking soda. Stir well. Pour over 8 quarts popped corn. Stir to coat well. Bake in large roaster or pan for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on waxed paper to dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment