Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Story Time

Okay. I'm going to tell you a story. A story that my family likes to tell over, and over, and over again.
This story is about the watermelon.

Yes... a watermelon. The watermelon that changed my life.

I was like 3 years old (okay maybe it was more like 6, but the younger I am sounds much better in this situation.) and my dad made me carry a watermelon into the house after a grocery shopping trip (as in I begged him to let me carry it cause I was a big girl and I could do it all by myself). Imagine it: a cute little blonde girl with this HUGE watermelon walking on the sidewalk to the apartment, and down stairs, and while going down the stairs, she drops it.

Yes.... I dropped the watermelon.

I have been tortured with this for the last 20 something years, and now it's out there for all the public that reads my blog. I just wanted to get it out there, and maybe my family wouldn't talk about it anymore.

I mean come on guys. It's over... It's done with. I'M 32 years old, and every time we have watermelon someone says something about not letting me carry it cause I'll drop it. I'm a big girl for real now.

so please... let me carry watermelon's again.

2 comments:

  1. EVERY time auntie talks about a watermelon it gets brought up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll Not talk about the watermelon, if you stop breaking computers!

    ReplyDelete