Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Random Wednesday: Treatment Center???




Are there treatment centers for obsessive dogs?

Everyone knows about my dog. Well let's hope you all know about my dog. Lil's is a 4 year old miniature dachshund. For those who don't know about dachshunds they are VERY stubborn dogs. The regular sized dogs were originally bred to chase badgers down. So, they are very tenacious and can become a little obsessive about things.


Since it has become warmer the lizards have been out. Lils has decided that lizards are a good thing to chase. She's not very good at it. In fact it's down right funny. She will sit at the back door and watch out for one all day. When she finds one she'll chase it and then totally lose it.

The other day she was squeeling about outside. I thought oh, another lizard chase. This went on for quite a while so i went out to find out what the fuss was all about. I found her trying to climb the wall.


She is totally obsessed. She chases them all day. She's even caught one and ate it. Yes, you heard me right, my dog ate a lizard. She's even started digging holes to chase them. She's never dug a hole in her life, and she's digging in the hard Arizona dirt.


But for all the trouble she is for wanting in and out. I love her. I love her very much. At this point I don't know what I would do without her half the time. She's my friend and companion and loves me even when I leave her hours on end. She'll sit by the door and wait.

Yeah... She's a little obsessive compulsive, but what can I do about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment